Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Feeling the Love


Recapping an evening at the Silent River film festival in Irvine, California.

Before entering the theatre to see a screening of the Continuing Adventures of the Battling Bag Lady – Black or Blue, I commented to Rich Samuels, a fellow filmmaker, about how strange it is to have someone I don’t know recognize me especially when I’m least expecting it. In that regard this night did not disappoint. No sooner had I entered into the theatre and two boys approached me all excited. “You’re the Bag Lady aren’t you?” What a pleasant surprise since the film hadn’t even screened at the festival yet. One of them mentioned that I was also in Candy Chaos and that it was his favorite. Questions came such as are they on YouTube, is it a web series, and do you have more that we can see? Their energy and excitement was a true blessing and set the tone for the evening. 

Before the screening the projectionist, Michael, came to tell a tale about how the 45-second DVD of Black or Blue caused him ten minutes of stress. Rich captured his story in the second part of this video.


As an artist it’s always nice to get positive feedback and I thank everyone I met at the festival for making my evening one filled with lots of love. Yes, more Battling Bag Lady episodes will be appearing soon.

Here is the 44-second Black or Blue episode that screened at the film festival.


Visit Privatsky on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/privatsky to see more of the Battling Bag Lady.

Here's a picture of Rich Samuels and me at the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment