Saturday, September 10, 2011

Black or Blue on the Big Screen in Irvine, CA

I awoke this morning with nostalgic thoughts buzzing through my mind. Tomorrow I will be returning to the city where I’ve spent the second largest portion of my life. Who knew that I would ever live in this city that I studied about in college - the first planned community city of its kind. Irvine, California, the city that served as my home base as I launched my entertainment industry career.

During my time in Irvine, I was fortunate to be able to study and work with some very remarkable filmmakers. With Emmy nominated instructors at the local colleges and universities, South Coast Repertory theatre just a short distance away, and entertainment industry professionals from both San Diego and Hollywood merging in the local area to impart their wisdom and to produce quality film and television shows, I learned a lot.

There are so many that impacted my life during my time in Irvine. To a special few - Tim Russ, William (Bill) Hall, Robert M Conrad, Greg Atkins, Karen Hensel, Hal Landon Jr, Roxann Dawson, Teri Ralston, Dale White, Walter Koenig, Dominic Keating, Marnie Ann, and Pam Pahnke – that guided me in spreading my wings, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You’ve helped enable me to fly.

Yes, I do feel as though I’m flying high as I prepare to return to this beautiful and peaceful city. I wrote and produced my first short film, Sticky Situation, while living in Irvine. In fact, it was filmed at Concordia University, which is located in the Turtle Rock area. And now to be returning to see another episode in the Continuing Adventures of the Battling Bag Lady series - Black or Blue - on the big screen at the Edwards Westpark 8 theatre brings me much joy.

The Continuing Adventures of the Battling Bag Lady – Black or Blue has been accepted to the 1st annual Silent River Film Festival and will be showing on the big screen at the
Edwards Westpark 8, which is located at 3755 Alton Parkway. It is screening during the experimental shorts segment from 9:10pm – 10:15pm on Sunday, September 11, 2011.

If it’s not too late for you, please come out and enjoy an evening of short films.

Click here for ticket information. 


No comments:

Post a Comment